Help Our Elections Run Smoothly
be a poll worker
You are needed. More than half of our poll workers are seniors. Let’s keep our seniors safe and our lines shorter. Sign up to be a poll worker is you are able. Your community thanks you in advance!
help your community
- In general, you must be registered to vote in the county where you wish to work. (Exceptions exist for 17-year-old high school students, who must meet additional requirements. High school students should contact their county election office for more information.)
- Government officials and government employees are not allowed to serve as poll workers.
- You are generally not allowed to serve if you are running for election.
- Poll workers generally work for the entire day on election day, from before the time the polls open at 7:00 am, until after the polls close at 8:00 pm.
- Counties train poll workers on their election day duties.
- All poll workers are paid for their time on election day.